Monday, May 12, 2014

The Transition

Was terrified even to think about it, but couldn't push it for long. The moment is finally there, the transition takes charge – being the home maker.  It used to make me wonder, on what one can be without engaging them to the real working, career stream. Major part of my life (the little life) after the studying was fueled out into working, and hence the thoughts.

While I flew back to the US after my quickie India vacation, I was trying to put together a plan. A plan to efficiently spend the new phase, staying home. The first few days was spent with the irregular sleeping patterns and random ranting. Once it got cleared up, I could see myself tucked into a pretty interesting schedule.  The cooking, the household, the reading and so is a list.
I remember having no time to spend speaking to folks ever, keeping them sad and whiny. I have that little mom-daughter chat almost daily these days. I am sure she missed it for years, coping up to the stranger me. Same with my father and sister, though not as often as my mom. Spending more time with friends – even over chat and calls, this was much missed. But things got better these days I suppose and I like it.  Especially when is about spending time with the special ones I care about.

The cooking, oh no!.... was always the very special thing I used to wrap up every other week I visit home. Else there had to be the guests or friends who used to keep me busy in kitchen. And I always complained of it being one of the toughest to execute. The schedule is pretty straightened up now. Three meals a day, I should declare myself to be the perfect house wife. My better half should be proud and happy about me (I know I am a good cook).  Moreover my timing with the whole thing is impressive, being a faster one.
The reading – I have enough time to plan and spend on the books I wanted to read all the time. The newbies and the unfinished old ones. The big house keeps me mostly engaged with the décor and its own welfare activities. Catching up on the movies which I missed to watch times back due to some random urgency that showed up at the hour. More of music, my chosen way to the sanity – I am loving it.
The next ones lined up are my schedule with the gym and a peak into learning Spanish. I know the first one is not easy to begin with and tougher to maintain with my kind of laziness. But want to give it my best trying for better results.


I should be back pretty soon with new rolling updates!!!

3 comments:

Bikram said...

well here's an idea , that you shud put the recipes... so dumb cooks like me can learn too :)

All the best with everything ..

and see you soon :)

Bikram

Anjana Jayasankar said...

gud one viji.. actually am feeling jealous of u now.. for all the stuffs u r able to do.. especially the reading and watching movies one.. oh how much i long to watch a movie alone at home... :(dont think i will get a chance in near future.. with abi around whenever i am around oh.. Sigh!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Keeping a household running is a tough job to do! I tell my mom the same thing.. Kudos! :)